Agent - OK
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, and generous paid time off to those who qualify.
Agents at Acumen embody the organization’s mission of facilitating freedom, choice and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and their families. The Agent is responsible for growing Acumen’s presence in the self-directed community within their state, supporting clients to promote their success with self-direction in partnership with the organization, and ensuring contract compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the growth of existing and new programs through marketing, education and community outreach to potential recipients and social services organizations.
- Understand and stay up to date on the program rules, regulations and implementation needs while being able to effectively communicate and explain said rules to external stakeholders.
- Support clients during their enrollment process; process incoming and outbound paperwork and electronic communication through data entry into several databases with high accuracy.
- Provide timely and accurate day to day support to clients; receive, research, and gather thorough and accurate data to analyze and resolve all customer inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines including the management of all escalated issues with client families and states.
- Use strategic thinking to complete multiple tasks.
- Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Work well independently with limited supervision.
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Perform other work related activities as assigned.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all stakeholders, including clients, state entities, and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully interact with client base that has varying levels of ability, educational backgrounds, authority, and ethnicities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to speak in public, including training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external customers to accomplish a task or reach an understanding diplomatically and respectfully.
- Read and interpret written information and procedural documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Prior experience in customer service and/or client relations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight(s), via ground transportation and/or via flight.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license within the state of residence and valid automobile insurance.
- Advanced computer knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email and use of PDFs.
- Ability to handle fluctuating inbound and outbound call volume that can be heavy at times.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- High standard of integrity.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to read and work accurately with formulas.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult customers and/or state stakeholders and/or case managers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Experience working with multiple
- Some College or College Degree preferred in related field.
- Experience working in the field of mental, physical or intellectual disabilities or with an aging population preferred.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 50494