Customer Relations Specialist (FT)
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do.
We have an opening for a full time Customer Relations Specialist. Customer Relations Specialist assist in standardizing the quality of outgoing communications and maintaining incoming/ outgoing calls as outlined by Acumen's best practices, Medicaid, the state or the contract, and all updates of the mentioned parties. This position will also conduct a variety of other company-wide administrative support tasks. It is a requirement to have a strong customer service background. Under supervision, performs office functions or secretarial work of moderate to difficult tasks. The Customer Relations Specialist is uniquely important as it will often be the first point of contact our customer has with Acumen.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Customer Care - Provide excellent customer service to Acumen clients, coworkers and Acumen visitors both on the phone and in-person, and encouraging positive working relationships across the company.
- Analytical & Responsive - Analyzes, tracks, thoroughly researches and resolves all customer inquiries.
- Data Entry - Processes incoming and outbound paperwork and electronic communication through manual data entry into several databases with high accuracy.
- Administrative - Receives, researches, sorts, files, retrieves forms, correspondence and documents of confidential and time-sensitive nature.
- Communication - Ensures all incoming paperwork and communication is processed by following Acumen, Medicaid, state and program guidelines.
- Strategic & Time Management - Uses strategic thinking and maintains a calendar of deadlines in order to prioritize independently according to urgency and agreed upon timelines, or as otherwise instructed by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict, difficult customers and present the skills necessary to de-escalate a given situation.
- Adaptive - Demonstrates the ability to work within a fast changing and fast paced work environment.
- Innovative - Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Flexibility - Occasionally work late or on weekends as needed to ensure deadlines and/or high volume demands are met (as approved by Dept. Manager or Supervisor).
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in Customer Service
- Proficient with 10-key by touch & type a minimum of 45 wpm with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work well with numbers
- Valid Drivers License and able to lift and transport mail to post office daily
- Advanced computer skills (includes but not limited to: compose an email, attach documents to an email, manipulate various type of documents such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- The ability to effectively and respectfully respond to internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and meet all assigned deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to recognize a problem and escalate to the appropriate team member for resolution
- Willing to work overtime, including weekends to meet high volume demands.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.