Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
We have an opening for an Enrollment Specialist. The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for processing incoming and outbound calls (internal & external), paperwork and electronic communication through manual data entry into several databases as determined and/or directed by Acumen, the state or the contract and all updates of the contract. This position requires a high level of accuracy.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Interacts daily with program stake holders via phone and/or electronically.
- Registers potential and existing customers using several data bases with high level of accuracy.
- Receives, researches, sorts, files, retrieves forms, correspondence and documents of confidential and time-sensitive nature. Includes following up with state individuals and families for possible resolution/s.
- Manages, distributes and tracks program specific materials as needed and/or requested.
- Maintains a complex filing system.
- Works well independently with limited supervision.
- Analyzes and resolves all customer inquiries.
- Uses strategic thinking to complete multiple tasks.
- Conducts thorough and accurate research.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of and abides by contract, state and Medicaid
- Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
Acumen offers medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and quarterly incentive bonus for those who qualify.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in customer service.
- High School diploma and some college courses, college degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to read and work accurately with formulas.
- Proficient with 10 key by touch.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented, good interpersonal skills. Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult customers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use various office equipment such as telephone, fax, printer, scanner and calculator.
- Advanced computer skills in Gmail, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with dual monitors and multiple applications.
- Willing to work overtime, including weekends to meet high volume demands.