Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. We are a growth oriented company looking to expand in your market.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer a profit sharing program, a growth bonus program, medical, dental and vision coverage, and generous paid time off.
The Executive Director empowers Acumen to achieve its mission of facilitating freedom, choice and opportunity through innovative fiscal agent solutions. Individuals in this role are charged with representing Acumen to all stakeholders within their assigned territory. Time is spent at every level, including working with state partners, local program staff, and most importantly our clients. Executive Directors are responsible for identifying growth opportunities within existing programs and forging new business opportunities that enable Acumen to serve more families. This position may be assigned direct reports with related supervisory responsibilities. The professionalism, work ethic and standards displayed in this position will have a dramatic effect on the reputation and continued success of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish, foster and grow relationships with key stakeholders including state/program representatives, third party case worker organizations, key decision makers within local, state and national agencies, and advocacy groups.
- Develop strategies to support the growth of existing and new programs through marketing, education and community outreach to potential recipients and social services organizations.
- Act as liaison between the funding entity and Acumen; communicate any opportunities and/or issues that may directly impact the client or Acumen.
- Assist with contract renewals, expansions and contract outcomes; communicate changes that may impact services received and services rendered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervise a staff, which involves direct and indirect responsibilities such as interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, providing performance evaluations, overseeing wage and salary administration, and developing goals as well as procedures to ensure achievement of goals.
- Understand and stay up to date on the program rules, regulations and implementation needs while being able to effectively communicate and explain said rules to external and internal stakeholders.
- Represent Acumen publicly at events such as conferences, trade shows, forums, stakeholder groups, pre-bidders, etc., which may require public speaking in order to actively market services to the general public.
- Report program statistics and information to key stakeholders through survey results and regular reporting as necessary.
- Provide one on one and/or group training and support to enrolling employers, employees and contract partners on a regular basis and as needed/requested.
- Organize, structure, and schedule one on one or group training sessions to meet the needs of the client.
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holiday.
- Travel when needed, including overnight, via ground transportation and/or flight to meet with customers, contract partners, and state level representatives.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all stakeholders, including clients, state entities, and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully interact with client base that has varying levels of ability, educational backgrounds, authority, and ethnicities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to speak in public, including training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external customers to accomplish a task or reach an understanding diplomatically and respectfully.
- Read and interpret written information and procedural documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or other related field, or equivalent years of experience in social services, relationship/account management or program management.
- Prior experience managing and supervising team members.
- Must have the ability to work remotely.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Must be able to travel, up to 60%, including overnight(s), via ground transportation and/or via flight.
- Maintain valid driver’s license within state of residence and valid automobile insurance.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Advanced computer knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email and use of PDFs.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and problem solve
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Experience working with multiple applications.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 49105