Payroll Team Lead
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
The Team Lead supports the manager, supervises the payroll team, serves as the second tier subject matter expert, and leverages their knowledge of the most successful processes and procedures utilized in the department to accomplish the overall goals of the department and the company.
The main essential functions of the job are:
- Co-lead Acumen’s payroll processing team which processes payroll for state funded, self-direction programs and service provider clients in over 20 states.
- Execute required processes for the payroll team to ensure deadlines and high standards of accuracy are met.
- Optimize existing processes (payroll and team related) to ensure a high level of efficiency and lead adoption of new external/internal processing software.
- Possess and maintain deep knowledge of all payroll functions and uses that knowledge to strategically problem solve and make decisions.
- Provide both formal and informal feedback and coaching to direct reports and aid in the training of new processors.
- Prepare reports and perform audits by compiling information necessary to teach and mentor payroll specialists.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering second level escalated calls.
- Promptly and accurately monitor requests for stop payment/reissues and accounts payable check requests.
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of experience processing payroll including multi-state payroll.
- Exude excellent work standards and is tenacious in completing tasks.
- Excellent computer skills including advance Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and details in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to occasionally work other than normal work hours due to increased workload.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.