Quality & Compliance Manager
Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
The Quality and Compliance Manager position at Acumen is a dual functional role. The individual in this position performs and reports out in-depth analyses of the organization’s operational performance to the Executive Team to help inform its strategic initiatives. Additionally, the Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for assuring that quality and compliance systems and procedures are established and maintained in accordance with program, state, and federal contract requirements. This critical work includes supervising a team of Quality and Compliance Specialists and Analysts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Spearhead the analyses and reporting out of key performance indicators and metrics across the organization to the Executive Team; derive insights and recommendations from analyses.
- Serve as contract administrator, focusing on the successful review and implementation of all contract deliverables.
- Understand and stay up to date on the program rules, regulations and implementation needs while being able to effectively communicate and explain said rules to external and internal stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between the Growth and Operations Departments, communicating and helping to resolve any issues concerning contract /legislative changes, contract deliverables, quality concerns, and other various issues that may directly impact the customer or the organization; foster a cohesive company-wide-team approach.
- Coordinate cross-department participation and complete requests for information, audits, subpoenas, complaints, and surveys; maintain detailed processes and records as they relate to compliance (Example: HIPAA and contract requirements).
- Supervise a team of Quality and Compliance Specialists and Analysts, which involves direct and indirect responsibilities such as interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, providing performance evaluations, overseeing wage and salary administration, and developing goals as well as procedures to ensure achievement of goals.
- Work well independently with limited supervision.
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Perform other work related activities as assigned.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all stakeholders, including clients, state entities, and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully interact with client base that has varying levels of ability, educational backgrounds, authority, and ethnicities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to speak in public, including providing nontechnical and technical trainings.
- Read and interpret written information and procedural documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical background with experience drawing insights from large data sets.
- Prior experience reviewing and enacting compliance efforts.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight(s), via ground transportation and/or via flight.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license within the state of residence and valid automobile insurance.
- Advanced computer knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email and use of PDFs.
- Ability to handle fluctuating inbound and outbound call volume that can be heavy at times.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Accuracy and the ability to handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- High standard of integrity.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to read and work accurately with formulas.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, task oriented.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Patience, perseverance, and follow through skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult clients and/or state stakeholders and/or case managers.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands successfully.
- Must be able to plan for and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Experience working with multiple applications.
Some College or College Degree preferred in related field.
Acumen is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.